Project Cycle Management PCM is a management tool based on the Log-frame approach which is used in project development. The project cycle enables provision of structures that ensures Stakeholders are consulted and relevant information is available thus enhancing informed decision making in crucial stages of a project. The cycle is made up of six components including; Programming, Identification, Formulation, Financing, Implementation, and Evaluation. This course will equip participants with skills in project design using Logical Framework, Result-based management concepts and the use of PCM as project structuring tool.
By conclusion of the Training Workshop, Participants will understand;
- The role of PCM and key activities to be undertaken at each stage
- The principles of project cycle management & Logical Framework Approach
- Critically review the role of financing proposals
- Assess the potential relevance, feasibility & sustainability for a case study financing, Proposal, & identify how to improve quality
- The role of Logframe in project monitoring & evaluation
- How to use the LFA to assess a project document & identify information needs for a feasibility study
This Course is geared to those of you attending PCM workshops which include; project planners and managers from Governments, Donor Agencies, Consultants, Not For Profit Organizations, Project Managers and others involved in the implementation of Development Projects.
Module One: Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Key terms and Concepts of PCM
- Components of project cycle
- Project cycle management
- Planning and Management Tools for project cycle management
Module Two: Project Design and Analysis using The Logical Framework Approach
- Problem analysis
- Analysis of objectives
- Strategy analysis
- Logframe Matrix
- Levels of Objectives
- Factors ensuring sustainability
- Objectives verifiable indicators (OVIs)
- Sources of Verification (SOVs)
- Means and Costs
Module Three: Using the Logical Framework to Develop Activities and Resource Schedules
- Creating checklist for preparing an activity schedule
- Presenting an activity schedule
- Checklist for specifying means and scheduling cost
Module Four: Project Design Proposal & Proposal Using the LFA
- Guide for Assessment of a Project Proposal
- Analyzing problems & Objectives
- Identify the Intervention logic
- Analyze the project’s feasibility (part 1)
- Assess sustainability
- Analyze the project’s feasibility (part2)
- Prepare Terms of Reference (ToR)
- The Quality Assessment Tools
Module Five: Project Monitoring and Reporting with GIS (geographic information systems)
- Designing a Monitoring system
- Analyze project objectives
- Review implementing procedure
- Review indicators
Module Six: Project Review and Evaluation
- Evaluation Criteria
- Linkage to the Logframe
- Project Purpose
- Overall Objective
- Opportunities for Evaluation
- Case study
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, Two short break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.