The training is expected to help participants understand the need for projects in development, appreciate the phases in project management, develop a practical project idea and write a comprehensive project proposal. It will also equip participants to come up with possible project funding sources, liaise with stakeholders in project idea initiation and develop fundraising initiatives.
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand the need for projects in development
- Appreciate the phases in project management
- Development a practical project idea and comprehensive project proposal
- Come up with possible project funding sources
- Liaise with stakeholders in project idea initiation and fundraising initiatives
The training is targeted to Officers involved in development work, Community Leaders, Policymakers, Project Managers and Donors and project sponsors among other development actors.
TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE
- Management principles and practices
- Project Definition
- The role of projects in development
- A detailed description of project structure and activities.
- Basics of project management phases
- Project design
- Project timeline
- Project evaluation
- Relevance of project phases in proposal writing and formulation
- The sections of a standard project/grant proposal:
- Assessing institutional capabilities
- Model for proposal development
- Techniques for writing winning proposals
- Problem/need assessment
- Gathering background information
- Defining the approach
- Why proposals get rejected
- Writing the statement of need
- Writing procedures
- Preparing the budget
- Setting fundraising goals
- Developing a fundraising plan
- Developing fundraising plan calendar
- Connecting organization/programs to funder interests
- Developing fundraising strategies
- Mobilizing non-profit boards to fundraise
- Evaluating funding prospects
- Choosing funding partners
- Approaching individual donors and institutional funders
- Fostering strong working relationships with grant makers
- New trends in grant making
- Grant-maker decision-making process
- Staff roles in fundraising efforts
- Action planning
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, Two short break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.