Food security is paramount in any particular nation and plays a major role towards the achievement of the other sustainable development goals; that is poverty eradication, good health and well-being, decent work and further towards economic growth goals. Rural development not only plays a major role in eradicating poverty by providing alternative sources of livelihoods but also significantly contributes to agricultural growth which in turn contributes to food security.
This training , therefore, aims at aiding personnel in the agricultural sector in; monitoring and evaluating of rural development ; assessing their impact, and data management and analysis and its interpretation for policy making for development agenda.
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to;
- Gain skills in research design, data management and analysis in agriculture and rural development .
- Learn how to integrate gender issues in agriculture and rural development .
- Understand the role of food security in attaining the sustainable development goals.
- Gain skills on how to improve M&E systems in food and nutrition security .
- Strengthen their skills to evaluate impact assessments of food and nutrition .
Module 1: Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
- What is M&E?
- Significance of M&E
- Principles and concepts in M&E
- Challenges facing M&E personnel in rural development and agricultural
- M&E and the programme lifecycle
- M&E in agriculture and rural development programme design
- Complementary roles of monitoring and evaluation
Module 2: M&E frameworks
- Basics of M&E frameworks for rural development programmes
- M&E in rural me development context
- Development and operationalization of M&E frameworks
- Link between M&E and indicators
- Using data
- Using logical frameworks in monitoring and evaluation of rural and agricultural programmes
Module 3: Gender consideration in M&E for Rural Development
- Gender integration during programme activities design
- Gender indicators in agriculture and rural development
- Cross-cutting gender issues in rural development
- Role of M&E in addressing gender
- Measure of gender outcomes and outputs
Module 4: Demand for data use in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Data use frameworks and basic concepts
- Data demand
- Information availability
- Information use
Module 5: Introduction to Research approaches for M&E in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Basic statistics concepts
- Research designs
- Data collection techniques and tools advantages and disadvantages
- Descriptive analysis techniques
- Inferential analysis techniques
Module 6: Data Management
- Data management dimensions
- Data management
- Data quality
Module 7: Data Analysis
- Descriptive analysis
- Inferential analysis
- Interpretation of findings
Module 8: Evaluation of Rural Development programmes
- Determining evaluation points from results framework
- Components of evaluations, implementation and process evaluations
- Evaluation designs
- Performance evaluation process
- Evaluation findings, sharing, and dissemination
Module 9: Impact Assessment of Rural Development programmes
- Introduction to impact evaluation
- Impact assessment in design
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Methods and approaches to assessing impact
Module 10: M&E Results Use and Dissemination
- Measuring results in agriculture and rural development
- Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen agricultural and rural development
- Use of M&E lessons learned and best practices
- M&E reporting
- Design, monitoring, and evaluation of resilience interventions
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, Two short break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.