This course provides an understanding of and practice in grant proposal writing for non-profits, foundations, and government agencies. Our online structured proposal writing course will show you how to write a proposal that gets funded. This distance learning course will teach you to prepare grants proposal effectively and find the best funding sources for your projects and non-profits.
The course is designed for both novice and experienced grant seekers, it is a comprehensive, hands-on training that covers researching funding sources and writing award winning proposals. Other topics covered include defining objectives, researching and getting to know the donor; how to develop a logic model; preparing budgets; and how to follow up with the donor. Further, the course will teach you how to use a standard proposal writing format, the most widely used in the world. During the course, participants will search out funding sources and you will develop a proposal for your own organization or agency. Participants will leave this course with new skills and the ability to apply those skills to the needs of their own organization and community.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to describe and understand the basic guidelines for grant proposal writing success, why proposals are rejected, and the building blocks of a grant proposal, which includes planning, writing, and submitting a proposal.
Participants will be able to write effective grant proposals that stand a strong chance of receiving a positive response from funders. Participants will also be introduced to specialized agencies concerned with bridging the gap between funders and grantees.
The course is divided into eight learning modules. The syllabus identifies each modular instructional objectives, study activities and assignments.
Module 1: Introduction to Proposal Writing
- What is grant proposal?
- The importance of proposal
- The satisfaction of proposal
- Grant Proposal as a challenge competition
- Solicited and unsolicited proposals
- Main rules for unsolicited proposals
Module 2: The Request for Proposal (RFP)
- How to get request for proposal
- The request for proposal
- Components of a request for proposal
- Proposal writing as a statistical game
- The standardized approach to request for proposal (RFP)
- Using proposal decision form for follow-up
Module 3: Program Development and Planning
- Pre-planning and project management
- Situational Assessment
- Identifying goals, population(s) of interest and objectives
- Identify strategies, activities, and resources
- Developing indicators
- Review the program plan
Module 4: Developing a Logic Model
- Stages of developing a logic model
- Preparing to develop your logic model
- Developing or assembling information
- Creating the logic model
- Review and revise the logic model
Module 5: The Six-point Guideline and Strategy for Winning a Proposal
- Establish technical credibility
- Use a funder-centered approach
- Get the budget right
- Write simply
- Add unique selling points (USPs)
- Go the extra mile
Module 6: The Building Blocks of a Proposal
- Cover letter
- Cover/title page
- Proprietary Notice
- Technical approach
- Project team and relevant experience
- Project budget
- End reviews
Module 7: Packaging and Submitting the Proposal & Final Examination
- Funding agency forms
- Packaging, politicking and refunding
- Submission, traditional and online
- Tips for final checks
- Final Examination
- Participants Evaluation of Course/Feedback
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.