The overall purpose of the training is to enhance the gender-responsive planning of key institutions and the management skills of their employees so that they can more effectively play their part in implementing gender-sensitive development policies as well as mainstreaming gender in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG’s.
The objectives of the training on gender and development include:
- to increase sensitivity to a broad range of gender issues
- to develop an understanding of basic concepts and approaches for analyzing roles, relationships, and situations from a gender perspective;
- to improve skills in analyzing and managing gender-related roles, relationships, and situations
- to formulate strategies for incorporating gender considerations into the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of community-based projects, and into the structure, policies, and operations of institutions.
Module 1: Overview of Gender and Development
- Definition of Gender
- The Concept of Gender and Development
- Gender Role Expectations and Stereotypes
- Institutional/System Influences on Gender Stereotypes
- Gender Dynamics and Development
- Exploring Attitudes towards Gender
- Social Construction of Gender
Module 2: Gender Roles and Relations
- Gender perceptions and expectations
- Perceptions of Women and Men
- Gender Roles
- Types of Gender Roles
- Cultural Basis of Gender Stereotyping
- Strategies for Challenging and Eliminating Gender Stereotypes and Barriers
- Gender-based Division and Valuation of Labour
- Course Review and Assignment
Module 3: Gender Development Issues
- Identifying Gender Issues
- Gender roles, relations, and life choices
- Gender Roles and Power Relationship
- Gender Roles and Relationships Matrix
- Gender Sensitive Language
- Gender and Governance
- Gender and Human Rights
- Gender Statistics
- Gender and leadership
Module 4: Gender Analysis and Policy Development
- Introduction to Gender Analysis
- Why Gender Analysis
- Variables used in Generating Data
- Gender Analysis Frameworks
- Gender Analysis Tools
- How to do a Gender Analysis
- Gender and Policy Development
- Emerging Lessons on Mainstreaming Gender in National Policy Frameworks
- Course Review and Assignment
Module 5: Gender Mainstreaming
- Definition of Gender Mainstreaming
- Gender Mainstreaming as a Strategy
- The Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
- Approaches to Gender Mainstreaming and Integration
- Methods and Strategies of Gender Mainstreaming
- The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
- Challenges to Effective Gender Mainstreaming
- Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Gender Mainstreaming Best practices
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.