If we want to broaden or deepen our understanding of how things came to be the way they are in our social world, qualitative research has no substitute. In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of qualitative studies been carried. Qualitative research usually produces large amounts of textual data in the form of transcripts and field notes. The systematic and rigorous preparation and analysis of qualitative data are usually time-consuming and Labour intensive. To lessen this burden, it is important that researchers become aware of NVivo. NVivo has features such as character-based coding, rich text capabilities and multimedia functions that are crucial for qualitative data management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants wishing to analyze rich messy qualitative data. The participants can be from Social, Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of NVivo Software. No prior Knowledge is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Explore the function of NVivo
- Create a project
- Undertake deductive and inductive qualitative data coding using NVivo
- Manage your project material with finds and collections
- Import and create sources – documents, PDFs, media files data sets and social media
- Create and use classifications
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: NVivo and qualitative research
- Qualitative Data
- Types of Qualitative Data
- Sources of Qualitative data
- Qualitative vs Quantitative
- NVivo key terms
- The NVivo Workspace
Module 2: Getting Started with NVivo
- Creating a new project
- Opening and Saving project
- Working with Qualitative data files
- Importing Documents
Module 3: Working with Codes and Nodes
- Type of Nodes,
- Creating nodes
- Browsing Nodes
- Creating Memos
- Memos, annotations and links
- Creating a linked memo
Module 4: Summarizing the Data
- Creating Attributes within NVivo
- Importing Attributes from a Spreadsheet
- Getting Results; Coding Query and Matrix Query
Module 5: Visualize your project
- Display your data in charts
- Create models and graphs to visualize connections
- Create reports and extracts
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, Two short break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.