Crisis preparation and management training is no longer for those assigned to the task. Past experiences have shown that seemingly unaffected people and departments are also roped in to face the challenges of a disaster. It strikes when you least expect it and exacerbates when dangers and vulnerabilities are not identified or assessed and handled in a timely manner.
How do you manage a crisis then? The best way is to prepare for it! Your crisis management efforts should be directed towards helping your organization recover and to ensure continuity. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a rigorous and comprehensive crisis management system which will help your organization leadership prepare for a crisis and in the process, prevent one from happening.
This course is relevant for all officers or equivalent who oversees the risk assessment and crisis preparation plans for your organization.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Be acquainted with key tools that can be used to assess and manage risk and crisis in your organization.
- Understand the importance and role of a crisis management team and how to form one.
- Know who the different stakeholders in a crisis are and how to manage their demands and expectations.
- fully cover the Crisis preparation and management training
- Why crisis management is important
- How good planning can lead to competitive advantage
- Understanding mission-critical activities
- Threats and risks facing organizations today
- Business Impact Assessments and Risk Analysis
- Risk mitigations that are cost effective
- Crisis management policy
- Crisis management organization
- Incident lifecycle and strategy
- Planning for crisis management, emergency planning, business continuity
- Maintaining and testing plans
- The role of disaster recovery in crisis management
- Accommodation and IT system solutions supporting crisis management
- How technical resilience can leverage good disaster recovery
- Planning for disaster recovery
- Maintaining and testing plans
- Do’s and Don’ts, hints and tips for successfully managing a crisis and checklists of things to remember
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.