Financial management training is about preparing, directing and managing the money activities of a business/organization in order to achieve financial objectives. It is therefore crucial for both public and private sector organizations. Management needs to ensure that enough funding is available at the right time to meet the needs of the business. In the short term, funding may be needed to invest in equipment and stocks, pay employees and fund sales made on credit. In the medium and long-term, funding may be required for significant additions to the productive capacity of the business or to make acquisitions. This links in with the financial decision making process and forecasting.
This financial management training will, therefore, enable participants to meet the main objective of financial management; to deliver the goals and projects within the set budget agreed, managing those funds, planning and forecasting and delivery for the value of money.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Programme officers and Finance managers who want to improve their skills in financial planning, control and reporting and government officers working on development projects.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Build project, donor and consolidated budgets using the activity-based budgeting technique
- analyze financial statements and budget monitoring reports to assess performance
- Apply good financial control measures.
- Understand the link between budgets, accounting records, and financial reports.
- Appreciate the central role of financial management in achieving institutions’ set goal and objectives.
- Understand the importance of budgets in planning, control, and decision-making.
- Appreciate the importance of accountability and transparency in an institution.
- understand concepts within the financial management training
Module 1: Introduction
- Key principles and concepts of financial management
- What is financial management?
- Why is it important for institutions?
- Good practice systems: the building blocks of financial management
- Finance health check
- System-design techniques
Module 2: Financial Planning
- The financial planning process
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Functions and types of budgets
- Practical approaches to building good budgets
- Cash flow forecasting
- Consolidated budgets and budgeting for core costs
Module 3: Accounting Records
- Which records should you keep?
- The accounting process: cash or accruals
- Practical accounting: completing the cashbook
- Bank reconciliation
- Procurement – steps, people, and paperwork
Module 4: Financial Monitoring
- Financial information – who needs what, when and why?
- Using financial statements
- Using budget monitoring reports
- Overview of donor reporting
Module 5: Internal Control Systems
- How to minimize theft and fraud
- The role of audit
- Internal control policies and procedures development
- Summary and close
- Summary of key messages
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two tea breaks are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.