The data processing is responsible for manual editing and coding of questionnaires, data entry, computer editing and tabulation of products like the population database for all Surveys and Censuses. The data processing division has established its editing, coding and data entry in different spaces of place. The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) is a tool for entering, editing, tabulating and disseminating data from surveys and censuses. This training is very practical consisting of demonstrations, practical exercises, and tests.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is an introductory course aimed at researchers, demographers, data managers, data processing coordinators/supervisors/ data entry operators and others who are considering using CSPro to implement survey data management systems. No previous experience of CSPro
Participants will learn;
- How to create the data dictionary, data entry screen and how to program checks and skips.
- How data is stored in the system
- Add, modify, verify and view cases (questionnaires).
- Identify and report structure, value, and consistency errors in questionnaire data.
- Produce tables
- Define simple or complex hierarchical file organization.
- Define hierarchical levels, identification items, records, items (fields or variables), value sets (categories of values), and values.
- Export selected data variables to delimited (tab, comma, semicolon), SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, or CSPro formatted data files.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Creating batch for message error
- Range Check
- Consistency Check
- Basic and Intermediate codes
Creating batch for writing the data output
- Input Data File
- Output File
- Write File
- Impute Freq File
- Listing File
- Basic and Intermediate codes
Creating then Dependent Verification
- Data entry option
- Force to accept the value
- The verify mode is to get the final data
Creating then Independent Verification
- Two data files come from different operators
- Any one file of two can be chosen to correct
- Compare data with the data dictionary and the two data inputs
Creating then Independent Verification (cont.)
- Input file
- Referenced Files
- Listing File
- Comparison method
- Comparison order
Data Cleaning, Export Data and Practice
- Create and Edit Logic
- Choose Items
- Number of Files Created
- Output of Multiple Record Occurrences
- Export Record Type
- Export Items or Subitems
- Additional Options
- Export Format (SPSS and Stata)
Designing CAPI applications in CSPro for Android
- Controlling the flow of CAPI applications
- Dynamic customization of questions, responses, and forms at runtime
- Capturing and using GPS coordinates
- Launching other Android applications to take pictures, viewmultimedia, and display maps
- Managing data flow for CAPI surveys
- Tracking enumerator progress and efficiency
- Creating menu and control systems for enumerators and supervisors
- Synchronization of program and data files between Android devicesand Internet servers
- Designing multi-lingual CAPI applications
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, Two short break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.