In today’s business environment, managers must develop greater skills to meet the increasing demands of continually changing situations. This course provides the information, skill development and tools necessary to help experienced managers meet the latest challenges of leadership, self-management and managing employee performance. In this 12-module program, established leaders will continue to evolve their leadership education and learn how to recognize servant leadership values, discuss how to lead teams with a strategic thinking mindset and be able to pivot based on changing priorities in order to build a resilient, highly responsive and effective team.
Module 1: Value-Based Leadership
In this module, participants connect what they value and how those values affect their behaviors within the organization. Participants will also identify inspirations to the success of others and what can be learned by acknowledging mistakes.
- Discover how personal and organizational values affect leadership behaviors.
- Recognize the leadership behaviors that inspire others to action.
- Illustrate how to learn from failure.
Module 2: Strategic Thinking and Organizational Purpose
This module teaches participants how to develop a more strategic mindset as leaders in the organization. They will look at how to develop a sense of curiosity through questioning and identify what they can do to encourage an environment of strategic thinkers.
- Recognize the importance of self-reflection when meeting the expectations of an organization’s goals, mission and values.
- Identify questions that encourage curiosity for new strategic ideas.
- Recognize the behaviors that lead a team towards deeper work and thinking.
Module 3: Adapting to Changing Priorities
In this module, leaders look at the importance of adapting how decisions are made, strategies to making decisions based on the situation and how delegating can be used in the midst of changing priorities.
- Discuss the importance of adapting decision-making skills as leadership roles change.
- Recognize decision-making strategies for changing priorities.
- Describe the importance of delegation to the success of changing priorities.
Module 4: Outward Communication
This module gives leaders the opportunity to learn the power of asking questions and why asking questions could be the best communication tool there is. Participants will also take time to identify the importance of adapting communication and communicating with empathy.
- Discuss the power of asking questions.
- Recognize how to tailor the communication style to the situation.
- Identify how to communicate with empathy.
Module 5: Being a Role Model for Change
This module gives leadership insight into the challenges of implementing change, how team members respond to change and how to lead others through the phases of change.
- Identify the challenges of implementing tough changes.
- Recognize the phases of reaction to change.
- Identify ways to guide others through the phases of change.
Module 6: Networking With Impact
In this module, participants will look at the benefits of seeking out others who can relate to today’s leadership issues.
- Define leadership with a network perspective.
- Discuss the benefits to a network of trusted partners.
- Identify network opportunities outside the department and/or organization to develop team members.
Module 7: Servant Leadership: Personal Accountability
In this module, participants will take a look at how, as leaders, to model accountability. Participants will also identify how to encourage a culture where team members hold each other and themselves accountable.
- Explain personal accountability in servant leadership.
- Discover the behaviors associated with leadership self-awareness.
- Describe a culture of ownership and personal accountability.
Module 8: Honest Conversations
This module allows participants to look at what the elements of honesty, empathy and authenticity are.
- Discuss the elements of an honest conversation.
- List barriers to honest conversation.
- Identify the effective use of leadership empathy and authenticity.
Module 9: Meeting Today’s Workforce Development Needs
This module looks at the opportunities today’s leaders have with multiple generations on the same team.
- Recognize the expectations of a multi-generational workforce.
- Understand the fundamentals of goal setting.
- Illustrate how to provide exceptional feedback when coaching.
Module 10: Building Resiliency
In this module, participants will identify what resilience is and why it matters to the success of teams and organizations. Participants will also identify the behaviors that leaders can demonstrate to champion and model resilience.
- Identify why resilience is important.
- Discuss the behaviors of a resilient leader in times of uncertainty, setback and pressure.
- Recognize how to adapt leadership behaviors to build a resilient team.
Module 11: Speak Like a Leader
Communication is critical to success in business and life. To be effective, leaders must communicate in a way that creates trust, engages the team and motivates the team members to take action.
- Discuss the communication model and how it helps leaders prepare for conversations.
- Discover the important elements of speaking like a leader.
- Give examples of storytelling to inspire and engage others.
Module 12: Leading in the Community
This module looks at the topic of corporate social responsibility and how leaders can make an impact both inside the organization and in the community.
- Discuss why community impact is important as a leader.
- Discover ways to collaborate with other organizations.
- Identifying team professional development opportunities through community.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two tea breaks are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.