The Training on Financial Management for Donor-Funded Projects ensures effective use and management of donor funds for various projects demand efficient utilization and timely reporting procedures to the funders. It is only when funds are effectively managed in accordance with the donor’s requirements will there be the motivation for reimbursement of financial resources.
This course is designed to promote improved compliance with operational policies and donor agency procedures on effective financial management, and to empower participants on the use of various disbursement methods and the use of periodic project management reports (PMRs) in line with donor agency disbursement and requisition requirement. This Training on Financial Management for Donor-Funded is designed to enhance the competency of accounting professions managing donor funded projects
This Financial Management for Donor-Funded Projects training course was also created to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency in the acquisition and utilization of donor funds for advancement purposes, using proper application and techniques of accounting and finance concepts.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to understand:
- Accounting principles and procedures within the planning of financial statements
- Preparation of Work Plan, budgets and cash flow management
- Analyze and interpret information as discovered in financial statements.
- Compliance with prerequisites, legal and administrative framework
- Identifying various elements of donor funding.
- Costing factors of Donor Funded Projects
- Monitor and evaluate donor-funded projects.
- Disbursement factors of Donor Funded Projects
- Project management techniques
- Outline and assess the convenience of the authorized provisions governing the procurement along with usage of donor funds.
- Compliance Regulatory & Governance and Risk management
- Prepare & effectively manage the arrangement of budgets for donor funds.
- Managers and Officers are responsible for the management and accounting for donor funds.
- Anyone who wishes to reinforce their knowledge in managing to account for donor funds including Budget accountants, Chief Accountants, Auditors, Finance Directors, Finance Managers & Credit Controllers
This practical and results orientated training course is based on the adult learning concept. The course incorporates short inspiring lectures, with practical examples and workshop case studies for delegates to apply the principles to their organization. The Instructor also uses tools and aids such as PowerPoint Slides and course documentation on the topics and application, and ample time for Q & A. All of the training activities, interaction and workshop case studies will be implemented within a friendly and enthusiastic environment where the client’s needs come first.
Module 1 – Introduction to Financial Management of Donors Fund
- Financial management of donor funds
- Objectives of donor funds
- Disbursement procedures of donor funds
- Revenue planning and cash management
Module 2 – Financial Statements Interpretation
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statements
- Balance Sheet Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Interpretation and Analysis of Financial Statements
Module 3 – Costing of Donor Funded Projects
- Concepts & types of costs
- Costing and cost reduction strategies
- Marginal, Absorption and Activity Based Costing
- Debt Management strategies & Techniques
- Management of Accounting & Decision making
Module 4 – Budgeting of Donor Funded Projects
- Preparation of Work Plan
- Types of budgets
- Budgeting & Investment appraisal
- Preparation of Budget reports
- Auditing – Internal Controls
Module 5 -Management of Donor Funded Projects
- The Donor – Lending, types of loan, Co-financing
- Legal Provision
- Project Break-Even Analysis
- General Withdrawals Arrangement
- Withdrawal Arrangements for state owned enterprises
Module 6 – Disbursement of Donor Funded Projects
- Statement of Expenditure (SOES)
- Special Accounts (SAS)
- Disbursement Reports and loan repayment
- Procurement of Goods, Works and Services
- Accounts and Audit
Module 7 – World Bank Financed Projects
- Types of Loans and Projects
- Project Implementing Agencies
- Project Preparation and Execution
- Project Financing
- Procurement of Goods and Services
Module 8 – Project Management
- Project cycle management
- Project planning & scheduling
- Critical path and network analysis
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
- Evaluation of international aid offers
Module 9 – Compliance Regulatory & Governance
- Understanding of compliance regulatory
- Principles of governance according to international requirements
- Accountability, Probity & Transparency
- Conflict, time and stress
- Governance and anti-corruption agenda
Module 10 – Risk Management
- Risk monitoring and control and control frameworks
- Regular financial reporting and independent audits
- Internal control policies & procedures
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Best Practices in Project finance Management
- Wrap-Up & closing
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.