Business leaders rely on the financial information to make effective decisions. Finance for non-finance managers training ensures the financial information provides a clear picture of the past, the present and the much-needed forecast to the future. By performing a good analysis of the financial standing of the business, the managers can effectively measure the impact in terms of cost effectiveness, the profitability and the wealth creation for the shareholders and related stakeholders
- To assist the Non-finance professionals to raise their awareness of finance and use the added knowledge to make important managerial decisions
- To create awareness on the short term and long term needs of the businesses and offer possible solutions to counter business failure
- Enable the managers to fully understand the profitability, liquidity and wealth creation and apply the guiding finance principles in improving their businesses.
- To equip the Managers with the current information on the local and international financial markets, risk management, and fraud reduction techniques.
- To enable business owners in assets management and inventory monitoring
- understand the concepts of Finance for non-finance managers training
FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCE MANAGERS TRAINING CONTENT
Module 1: Introduction – Workshop expectations
- Workshop Introduction, Setting work objectives and participants expectations
- Counter check materials vis a vis the workshop objectives/expectations
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting
- Basic Terms Used in finance
- Group discussion on basic accounting principles
- Understanding of the effective use of Assets, Liabilities and effective management on the same
Module 2: Financial Statements preparation and interpretation
- Financial statements interpretation
- Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position
- The statement of cash flow
Module 3: Decision Making & Budgeting
- Cash Flow vs Profitability
- Wealth Creation for businesses
- Techniques in Analyzing the financial statements
- Budgeting techniques – Budget Development and implementation – Budget monitoring and control
Module 4: Capital Budgeting
- Using financial techniques to make investment decisions from various options presented
- Choosing amongst alternatives projects
- Costing for profits organizations / Companies
- Costing for nonprofit organizations
Module 5: Finance and Administrative Policies and Controls
- Setting finance, administrative and logistical policies
- Setting appropriate internal controls in a business
- Importance of Audit
- Risk and Fraud management techniques
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.