The Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals training course is directed at the contracting activities of professionals who are not in the contracts profession but must still lead and guide their organizations on contractual and commercial issues on a daily basis. The Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals training course’s theme is that with everyone working so hard to make or save money for the organization, why waste it because of the lack of contracting skill sets?
With great amounts of every organizations gross revenues being spent on outside goods, equipment and, services, world-class organizations ensure that those who are involved in dealing with contractors and suppliers have the appropriate training in contract excellence.
- Understanding the forces acting on business
- Performing the contracting process with excellence
- Developing and understanding important terms and conditions
- Reducing the risk related to contractor payments
- Gaining knowledge about important aspects of developing and analyzing prices
- Learning about contract types and how they transfer risk
- Exploring the various pricing models used in preparing proposals
- Raising skills in negotiations
Professionals involved in:
- Contracts, Contract Administration, and Projects
- Procurement, Engineering, Facilities, Finance, and Maintenance personnel
- Practitioners who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation, and management of contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services.
The Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals training course includes a variety of instructional methods, and involve a high level of interaction. The programme Instructor will explain principles and issues, using real examples, and will involve participants through discussion and debate, and individual and group exercises.
Module 1 -The Commercial Landscape
- Contracting activities impact on the bottom-line
- Ethical practice standards
- Objectives of both parties
- Contractor pricing models
- Contract formation
Module 2 – Pricing Modelling
- The cost elements that make up a price
- Fixed and variable cost
- How is overhead determined
- Developing pricing estimates
- Adjusting historical prices
Module 3 -Contract Risks and Types of Contract
- Supplier qualification
- Types of contracts & risks
- Total cost of ownership
- Review of important terms & conditions
- Liquidated damages
- Time to look at your force majeure clauses
Module 4 -Contract Administration and Payment
- Letters of intent
- Administering the contract
- Monitoring and control
- Acceptance issues
- Types of payments and risks
- Issues for warranties claims and disputes
Module 5 -Negotiation Planning and Strategies
- Skill sets required for successful negotiations
- Identifying negotiation issues and objectives
- Assessing bargaining strengths & weaknesses
- Preparing a negotiation plan
- Negotiating in teams
- Important points for conducting the negotiations
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.