This course is comprehensive on grants management and fundraising, spanning the grants lifecycle from pre-award through grant closeout. The course provides the Federal, pass-through, and recipient workforces with the knowledge and skills they need to improve the program and public accountability, efficiency, and outcomes for beneficiaries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Program managers, Finance and non-finance managers, administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations, administrators, sub-recipients, or persons involved in grants related activities and responsibilities within an organization or civil society organizations. Anyone involved with the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to;
- Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements
- Managing multiple-funded programs
- Understand proposal writing, project planning, and problem analysis
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report
- Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence
- Appreciate the contribution of the different functions within the organization (program and project staff) and cultivate good work relationship between the teams, finance and program staff working closely for Successful grant management
- Develop Grants management planning implementation and reporting tools
- Develop Proposal writing skills, Project Planning and Project problem analysis
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Overview of Grants Management Cycle
- Basic concepts in grant management
- Key challenges in grant management
- The grant management lifecycle
- Grant management plan
Module 2: Proposal Writing
- Developing proposal
- Project proposal writing
- Project Planning
- Project problem analysis
- Grant Award Contract
- Award Review
- Fundraising Tips, Implementation, Compliance
- Responsibilities and routines in grant management
- The flow of donor funds
- Assessing the terms and conditions in grant agreements
- Grant agreements, and accounting and procurement systems
- Complying with donor reporting requirements
- Managing key relationships for successful grant management
- Types of costs
- Eligible and ineligible costs
- Cost Share/ Matching costs
- Procurement Procedures
- Grant Tracking Tools
- Costs eligibility and administration
- Programme evaluation
- Grant Reporting,
- Financial Documentation and Reporting
- Documentation, Internal Controls; Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & consortia management, Donor Compliance,
- Personnel &Staff Issues (Ethics): Contracts, Time Sheets, Travel & Per diem: Itinerary, assigning, Assets & Inventory Management, Co-Financing
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.