This certificate training is designed to introduce individuals to community development as a concept as well as basic skills in mobilizing communities for development and influencing social change. This training is, therefore, aimed at building the capacity of individuals involved in community mobilization as well as those seeking innovative approaches in community development activities.
The main purpose of this training is to provide a resource for community leaders, volunteers, and practitioners who desire to make their communities a better place. It describes the steps in the community development process and the guiding principles that explain why each step in the process is important.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training will increase the confidence of development workers, Government officials and private practitioner as it provides a step by step approach in their quest to mobilize communities toward sustainable development.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of community development
- Identify and apply various tools and skills in engaging communities for development.
- Introduce community organizing as a process of community development.
- Introduce advocacy as a key tool for community entry
- Assist practitioners to source resource for community development
- Develop practitioners’ skills in participatory monitoring and evaluation of community initiatives.
COMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING CONTENT
Module 1: The Concepts, Process, and Strategies for Community Development
- Understanding Communities, Development, and Mobilization
- The concept of community development
- Key elements of community development
- Community development process
- Engagement in community development process
- Steps in community engagement
- Strategies for community development
- Steps to community development
Module 2: Participatory Tools for Community Development
- Understanding participatory tools
- Understanding PLA
- Steps of PLA Processing
- PLA Tools
- Processing of Community PLA activities
Module 3: Community Volunteers
- Who is a Community Volunteer?
- The role of Community Volunteer in Community Development
Module 4: Basic Inter Personal Communication Skills in Community Development
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Role play
Module 5: Community Mobilization Events
- Community dialogue
- Rally and road shows
- Market storms
- Community Drama
Module 6: Communication Strategies for Community Development
- Use of BCC tools/materials
- Visual aids
Module 7: Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation of community development programme
- Procedures on how to evaluate the objectives
- Importance of PM&E in Community Development
- How to conduct PM&E?
- Key indicator in community Development
- Understanding PM&E tools
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.