The aim of this course is to provide both a solid theoretical understanding and a comprehensive practical introduction to the use of geographic information systems and remote sensing technologies for the analysis and solution of different water and environmental problems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) active in the water/environmental sector, especially those involved in planning and management of water systems as well as numerical modeling. Prerequisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics.
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Gain a sound fundamental understanding of the GIS and remote sensing technologies
- To understand the basic principles underlying the GIS/model-based management of water resources and environment
- To become familiar with the GIS-based analytical and problem-solving techniques for sustainable planning and management of water resources and environmental problems.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
The course focuses on the analysis of digital spatial data, preparation for numerical modeling, presentation of modeling results and support to the decision making process. Some of the topics covered in the course include the following:
- Introduction to geographic information systems and remote sensing technologies,
- Active and passive remote sensing,
- Data structures,
- Map projections and coordinate systems,
- Processing of digital geographic information,
- Creation of digital elevation models,
- Mapping of water and environmental features,
- Watersheds, streams and aquifers delineation,
- Map Digitization,
- Soil and land use mapping,
- Watershed Analysis
- Map algebra,
- Terrain analysis for hydrological and hydraulic modeling,
- Presentation of modeling results,
- Analysis to generate new information and knowledge,
- Dissemination of new information and knowledge,
- GIS as a decision support tool.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, Tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.