Research, Data management and Analysis using Stata Training
Stata statistical software is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and the tremendous potential of Stata to benefit the data management process is extremely amazing and exciting to explore. It provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics. The focus of this training is to enable the participant to learn how to apply Stata in statistical analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics in Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of Stata. No prior Knowledge of Stata is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Understand the basics of data cleaning
- Understand how to import and export data, input data into Stata
- General use and data management using Stata.
- Managing output management in Stata
- Understanding how to generate simple and advanced graphics using Stata
- Analyzing quantitate data using both descriptive and commonly used inferential analysis techniques
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Introduction to Statistical Concepts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Common inferential statistics
- The core functions of inferential statistics
- Overview of Stata
Module 2: Data Entry, Management, and Manipulation using Stata
- Defining and labeling data and variables
- Creating, transforming, recoding variables
- Generating new variables
- Data Entry, Exploring, modification.
- Transferring data to/from Stata
- Merging and Appending Stata data files (e.g. Excel, SPSS )
Module 3: Output management
- Output Management
- Tabulating data with Stata
Module 4: Stata Graphics
- Basics of Graphing
- Customizing Graphs
- Advanced graphing
- Exporting a Stata graph
Module 5: Quantitative data analysis (Inferential analysis techniques) using Stata
- Statistical Inference
- Regression analysis
- T Test
|Event End Date