Research, Data management and Analysis using Stata Training
Stata statistical software is an interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. Data Management and Analysis using Stata provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and the tremendous potential of Stata to benefit the data management process is extremely amazing and exciting to explore. It provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics. The focus of this Data Management and Analysis using Stata Training is to enable the participant to learn how to apply Stata in statistical analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics in Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of Stata. No prior Knowledge of Stata is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Understand the basics of data cleaning
- Understand how to import and export data, input data into Stata
- General use and data management using Stata.
- Managing output management in Stata
- Understanding how to generate simple and advanced graphics using Stata
- Analyzing quantitate data using both descriptive and commonly used inferential analysis techniques
- Master Data Management and Analysis using Stata Techniques
Data Analysis using Stata
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Introduction to Statistical Concepts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Common inferential statistics
- The core functions of inferential statistics
- Overview of Stata
- Defining and labeling data and variables
- Creating, transforming, recoding variables
- Generating new variables
- Data Entry, Exploring, modification.
- Transferring data to/from Stata
- Merging and Appending Stata data files (e.g. Excel, SPSS )
Module 3: Output management
- Output Management
- Tabulating data with Stata
Module 4: Stata Graphics
- Basics of Graphing
- Customizing Graphs
- Advanced graphing
- Exporting a Stata graph
Module 5: Quantitative data analysis (Inferential analysis techniques) using Stata
- Statistical Inference
- Regression analysis
- T Test
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mob: +254 7739167709
Payment should be transferred to Versed Professional Services account through bank 7 days before commencement of training.
Send proof of payment to email@example.com
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept the substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of $ 34 plus VAT has been paid.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch and two teas are provided on all full day courses during training dates unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to VPSL in advance before commencement of the training
- Versed Professional Services Limited shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be canceled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.